— Samantha F. Grant
LOS ANGELES, CA, UNITED STATES, May 24, 2022 /EINPresswire.com/ — “The magic number-40. Everyone has heard all the clichés…it’s when people get birthday cards from friends and begin announcing ‘Over the Hill’,” states Samantha F. Grant, acclaimed certified nutritionist. “I prefer the one. ‘Life begins at 40’. That being said, our bodies do begin to shift as we reach the magic number. Back in our 20s we could eat drink and be merry and do a few minutes in the gym and be as good as new. Or perhaps we’d cut back on our calories or alcohol for a few days and poof-weight loss magic. Now, those tactics don’t work so well. Our metabolism may have slowed a bit. Hormones have shifted. We have become overwhelmed with responsibilities and let our health take a back seat.
What to do? In my work with celebrities and athletes, I often employ these 5 strategies for dropping pounds and getting lean.
1. Change your workout: Doing the same routine over and over at the gym? Our bodies are incredibly efficient at
adapting to routine. Mix it up – Burst training or High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is an effective way to blast fat during a workout and several hours later, one will continue to rev one’s metabolism. Here’s the formula: The whole idea is to work at high intensities for short durations (typically under 60 seconds), recover at a low intensity to let one’s heart rate go down (typically 90 seconds) then repeat for a total of eight intervals. The value of these exercises is they can create a strong fat-burning hormonal response. Low-intensity aerobic exercise simply doesn’t have the same effect on boosting one’s hormone levels.
Researchers from Australia found that women who did only 20 minutes of interval training three times per week were able to lose more belly fat than women who did 40 minutes of long, slow cardio. So switch up the program to short-burst exercise and one will get more results in less time.
2. Start the day with Protein: Think of protein as a “fat burning food”. Instead of starting the day with coffee and muffin or a banana, go for the protein. Typical “breakfast” foods spike insulin levels and put one’s body in “fat storage” mode. By starting with protein, like eggs or a protein shake from Collagen, one’s body begins burning fat and one will have fewer carb cravings throughout the day. Make sure one has protein with lunch and dinner as well. Cut carbs after 5 for added benefit.
3. Get your ZZ’s – When sleeping, 2 important hormones are produced-leptin ghrelin. They work in a kind of checks and balances system to control feelings of hunger and fullness, explains Michael Breus, Ph.D., a faculty member of the Atlanta School of Sleep Medicine and director of The Sleep Disorders Centers of Southeastern Lung Care in Atlanta. Ghrelin, which is produced in the gastrointestinal tract, stimulates appetite, while leptin, produced in fat cells, sends a signal to the brain when one is full. So what’s the connection to sleep? Lack of sleep causes leptin levels to drop and ghrelin levels to rise- so one’s appetite is stimulated.
4. Check your Stress-Cortisol: the stress hormone that one can read more about in my previous article, can cause weight gain if it is unbalanced. Cortisol levels rise when our bodies or minds are stressed. When cortisol is elevated, we release sugar into our bloodstream and cause insulin levels to spike, setting up the fat storage scenario again. Taking certain herbs like Rhodiola can help support the body’s stress response and keep cortisol in check. Yoga, mediation, reducing caffeine, and getting more sleep are all helpful in reducing cortisol levels as well.
5. Check your Engine- Rule out any metabolic dysfunctions by asking for a full-body workup. A complete Thyroid panel is a good place to start. Make sure to get one’s TSH, T4, T3, and TPO antibodies tested to rule out a thyroid disorder. Check other hormones as well- Estrogen, Progesterone, DHEA, and Testosterone can all affect one’s metabolism. Saliva testing is recommended for these particular hormones. If there are imbalances found, using a Bioidentical preparation can balance one’s hormones and improve one’s quality of life.
Fat does not have to happen at 40. Take charge of your health now and give yourself the edge you need to stay lean and fit.”
Samantha Grant, throughout her successful career, has helped thousands on their path to wellness. She specializes in hormonal balancing, correcting metabolism irregularities, and weight loss. Highly in demand for her knowledge in multiple disciplines of health, Samantha is constantly inspiring others with her keynote presentations and workshops.
Samantha is a native of North Carolina. She completed her studies in Nutrition at the American University of Complementary Medicine in Los Angeles and is a member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals.
Clients give Samantha rave reviews, highlighting her bright and kind nature. One stated, “I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Samantha as the ideal person to advise on anything relating to a gluten-free diet, and should you require her to mentor your diet, you will not only benefit from her vast dietary knowledge but also her infectious personality, she is a beautiful person and a joy to be around, I cannot recommend her any higher on all levels.” Grant has accrued a client list of A-list celebrities, is a regular guest on The Doctors, and created the menu plan for Dr. Eva Cwynar’s book, The Fatigue Solution: Increase Your Energy in Eight Easy Steps.
Samantha has trained and continues to work with renowned medical doctors and experts worldwide. Her extensive nutritional training, along with graduate studies in Homeopathic Medicine, allows her the ability to assess her client’s issues in a wide-ranging holistic manner, coupling her experience with both eastern and western medical therapies. Samantha’s extensive background includes specialized training in vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, homeopathic remedies, Bach flowers, as well as western, Chinese, and Ayurvedic herbs.
Boundless Media Inc.
email us here
Originally published at https://www.einpresswire.com/article/573027008/samantha-f-grant-highly-regarded-certified-nutritionist-details-in-depth-5-strategies-to-fight-fat-over-40
Health News - originally published at Health News -